Tuesday, 18 October 2016 12:43
Contest - historical commanders
We would like to announce new contest, this time for historical commander from period 1649-1676.
It can be part of any army from main rulebook and ‘The Deluge’ supplement but not of Denmark, Courland and Gdańsk (Danzig). Commander can replace ‘generic’ officer from any skirmish/regiment/division; he can also lead his own skirmish/regiment/division.
Rules of the contest:
1. Form as in the current historical commanders’ rules – historical introduction, Special Rules, sheet with Skirmish Force/regiment/division (if you decided to write new structure). Description written in Word format, Force sheet in Word or Excel. Language: Polish or English
2. Timescale of the completion – between 18th October and 18th November 2016.
3 Send .doc or .docx files to email address kadrinazi[at]gmail.com
Before you send your entry, please contact Kadrinazi (via PM on forum or on email above) to check if your chosen commander is not already done (currently we have approx. 20 historical commanders awaiting to be published).
The file should include the name of the author as well as – if the author is registered on our forum – the nickname. Participants can send any number of entries.
4. The works will be subjectively assessed by a jury of Michał Molenda and Michał ‘Kadrinazi’ Paradowski.
5. Entries chosen by a jury, will be published (in both Polish and English) as pdfs on BFaS website and also printed in one of the volumes of ‘Armies of By Fire and Sword’. Additionally, once we release miniature of chosen commander, author(s) of the winning entry (entries) will receive it as well. We will also consult with the authors design of the miniature itself.
6. We deserve rights to introduce changes to structure and description of the winning entries, of course after consultations with their authors.
By Fire and Sword team
Friday, 07 October 2016 08:27
By Fire and Sword in Wargames Illustrated
I'm sure you remember amazing game "Battle at Khotyn (Chocim) 1673" organized and presented by our friend Karl Shanstrom during the Historicon 2016.
We're very, very proud that pictures from this battle as well as short description of this show have been published in the October issue ofWargames Illustrated - the best magazine about wargaming. If you have a chance, grab this and next issues. They are definitely worth of it.
Thanks to the courtesy of WI team we can show you pictures used in article in much better quality.
Words cannot express our gratitude for Karl who supports us constantly from the first days when English version of "By Fire and Sword" has been published. I'm not sure if you have noticed that that this amazing guy was proofreader of the English version of the "Warsaw 1656" book as well as "Armies of By Fire and Sword" so he is helping us in very different ways, Karl we love you and see you soon.
"By Fire and Sword" Team :)
Thursday, 04 August 2016 20:03
"Warsaw 1656" - preorder
Pre-order for "Warsaw 1656" expansion and 4 new boxes of miniatures is ready!
Please have in mind that sets
POL-26 Lithuanian winged hussars led by Alexander Hilary Połubiński
SWE-20 Carl X Gustav Horse Guard
are limited, individually numbered sets which we'll release in number of 360 to celebrate 360th anniversary of the battle of Warsaw, so please hurry up! :)
Mugs, T-shirts and well as miniatures bundles are available only in pre-order.
By Fire and Sword Team
Friday, 29 July 2016 09:40
"Warsaw 1656" expansion is coming!
Here you can see cover of our new expansion for "By Fire and Sword" - "Warsaw 28th-30th July 1656".
As you can see it's also announcement of new series of expansions. "Battles. Military Formations. Commanders". We have a plan for a few more thematic expansions and if "Warsaw 1656" is great success we'll publish them.
Preorder for "Warsaw 1656" expansion and new sets of miniatures
- Lithuanian winged hussar led by Alexander Hilary Połubiński
- Polish cavalry regiment
- Reiter regiment
- King Carl X Gustav Horse Guards Regiment
will start on Monday!
By Fire and Sword Team
Tuesday, 05 July 2016 09:52
New sets in our online store - JULY 2016
We have just added new sets to our online store
Old type mercenary infantry regiment
For each Old type mercenary infantry regiment ordered and paid by the 6th of July we'll add a special miniature of Colonel Michael Paradoffsky von Thorn. This special miniature can be used as officer in any Western-type army, also in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Muscovy
Polish-Hungarian infantry with muskets
Mounted Szekely handgunners
Polish volunteers and partisans commanders
Lithuanian volunteers and partisans commanders
Cossack and Tartar tents
"By Fire and Sword" Team
Page 1 of 54