Tuesday, 03 January 2017 13:41
5th International "By Fire and Sword" Championships, Wilanów 2017
On the behalf of Wargamer company and The Museum of the Palace at Wilanów we would like to invite you to take part in 5th International "By Fire and Sword" Championships, Wilanów 2017.
Date: 18th-19th of March 2017
More information will be announced soon, however rulespack will be more or less the same like in the previous year.
Here you can watch movies from the previous year
By Fire and Sword Team
Friday, 23 December 2016 09:18
We wish you Christmas filled with magic, wonder and love. May this Christmas be time of joy and peace for you. Spend this special time with your Family and Friends, rest and just have fun.
We wish you also a lot of presents under the green Christmas tree, hopefully with some By Fire and Sword models :)
By Fire and Sword Team
As a small “attachment” to our wishes we would like to show you illustration for the cover of next expansion for BFaS "Danish Wars: 1657-1660" (title may subject to change). 2017 should be amazing year for By Fire ans Sword - we'll publish more information in January.
Thursday, 10 November 2016 23:13
Polish Independence Day offer
11th of November is the National Independence Day in Poland. To celebrate it we have prepared special offer for you :)
Polish Independence Day offer in Wargamer.pl online store
10% off whole By Fire and Sword range.
11th - 13th November
1. Please type "11.11" in remarks while placing your order.
2. Wait with payment until our store crew will modify prices in your order.
3. Special offer can be combined with other discounts , deals etc. up to 20% of the order's value.
By Fire and Sword Team
Tuesday, 18 October 2016 12:43
Contest - historical commanders
We would like to announce new contest, this time for historical commander from period 1649-1676.
It can be part of any army from main rulebook and ‘The Deluge’ supplement but not of Denmark, Courland and Gdańsk (Danzig). Commander can replace ‘generic’ officer from any skirmish/regiment/division; he can also lead his own skirmish/regiment/division.
Rules of the contest:
1. Form as in the current historical commanders’ rules – historical introduction, Special Rules, sheet with Skirmish Force/regiment/division (if you decided to write new structure). Description written in Word format, Force sheet in Word or Excel. Language: Polish or English
2. Timescale of the completion – between 18th October and 18th November 2016.
3 Send .doc or .docx files to email address kadrinazi[at]gmail.com
Before you send your entry, please contact Kadrinazi (via PM on forum or on email above) to check if your chosen commander is not already done (currently we have approx. 20 historical commanders awaiting to be published).
The file should include the name of the author as well as – if the author is registered on our forum – the nickname. Participants can send any number of entries.
4. The works will be subjectively assessed by a jury of Michał Molenda and Michał ‘Kadrinazi’ Paradowski.
5. Entries chosen by a jury, will be published (in both Polish and English) as pdfs on BFaS website and also printed in one of the volumes of ‘Armies of By Fire and Sword’. Additionally, once we release miniature of chosen commander, author(s) of the winning entry (entries) will receive it as well. We will also consult with the authors design of the miniature itself.
6. We deserve rights to introduce changes to structure and description of the winning entries, of course after consultations with their authors.
By Fire and Sword team
Friday, 07 October 2016 08:27
By Fire and Sword in Wargames Illustrated
I'm sure you remember amazing game "Battle at Khotyn (Chocim) 1673" organized and presented by our friend Karl Shanstrom during the Historicon 2016.
We're very, very proud that pictures from this battle as well as short description of this show have been published in the October issue ofWargames Illustrated - the best magazine about wargaming. If you have a chance, grab this and next issues. They are definitely worth of it.
Thanks to the courtesy of WI team we can show you pictures used in article in much better quality.
Words cannot express our gratitude for Karl who supports us constantly from the first days when English version of "By Fire and Sword" has been published. I'm not sure if you have noticed that that this amazing guy was proofreader of the English version of the "Warsaw 1656" book as well as "Armies of By Fire and Sword" so he is helping us in very different ways, Karl we love you and see you soon.
"By Fire and Sword" Team :)
Page 2 of 56